Dreaming of a Winter Getaway?
Are you dreaming of getting away this winter, but didn’t plan ahead? That’s ok! There’s more to do than visit Florida for a bit of sunshine. In fact, there are endless opportunities for adventure, some no more than a couple hour drive. Grab the coloring books and snacks for your kiddos, create a budget, and have some fun!
- Lake Tahoe: Hike, heal, relax, repeat. Even though this area is beautiful year-round, it is particularly stunning during the winter months when the blue lake contrasts the snow-capped mountains.
- Wisconsin Dells: Ahhhh…a staple for Chicagolanders. There are several indoor waterparks to enjoy just a couple hours north of us. It may be below 0 outside, but inside it’s always balmy and warm. Grab your swimsuits and enjoy a ride down one of the area’s famous water slides, if you dare.
- Aspen, CO: Do you love to ski or snowboard? There’s no place like Aspen for this adventure. With some of the best ski resorts in the country, Aspen will not disappoint those ready to hit the slopes.
- New Hampshire: There’s a winter wonderland here. New Hampshire is magical this time of year. The most popular winter attraction here, especially for kids? Ice Castles New Hampshire…a site to see!
- Yosemite National Park: While most people think of this California spot as a summer destination, its much less crowded and beautiful during the winter. Watch the sunrise at the crack of dawn, and get ready to hike during the day.
- Puerto Rico: Take a beach and history vacay in Puerto Rico! This is going to be one of the warmest places to visit with sandy beaches, colonial architecture, and even a jungle.
- Palm Springs: Enjoy a luxurious and warm getaway to Palm Springs, CA. There aren’t any beaches, but sunny days filled with outdoor activities will sure to brighten your spirits. Check out Joshua Tree National Park, or play a round of golf with a beautiful backdrop
- Colorado Hot Springs: This one is for the couples. This will be one of your most memorable and magical winter getaways.
If you’re unable to get away this year, no worries. Plan for next year, or just take the time to enjoy the season here. You can view the Midwest winter as harsh and blustery, or you can think of all the fun winter activities you can do like having a snowball fight or enjoying a hot cocoa. Whatever you do or wherever you go, choose great company and you’ll have a great time.