Holiday Lights Viewing Tips
One of the best ways to kick-off the holiday season this year is to load the kids in the car and check out some of the great light displays in local neighborhoods. The Believe House–a must-stop location this holiday season–is sharing these viewing tips for getting the most out of your drive-by holiday fun:
DO: Plan your route in advance. Keep your eyes open for The Believe House to share their holiday lights map. If you’re looking to expand your route this year, here’s another great resource from Chicago Parent.
- Look out your window (roll it down if not too cold!), and if it is raining or drizzling, plan for a different night.
- Feel free to go in your pajamas! It’s fun!
- Be courteous of neighbors on the block and their property please.
- Watch for FM frequency signs, some displays include an audio broadcast.
- Worry if it’s snowing–lights like snow!
- Walk into the display or on the lawn.
- Go on the neighbors’ property.
- Park with headlights shining in anyone’s window.
- Forget your camera–and FLASH.
While some displays allow you to get out of the car, please remember to practice social distancing and always wear a mask.