St. Patty’s Day Dessert Round Up
On March 17th, many of our community members feel touched by the luck of the Irish. And whether or not you’re of Irish decent, it’s certainly fun to join in on leprechaun hunts, rainbow and pot of gold crafts, and even yummy foods with a green flair. We’ve scoured the internet and come up with 10 family-friendly dessert recipes that you can try this St. Patty’s Day. Don’t be afraid to let your littlest helpers contribute; the best part is family time spent together. Enjoy!
- Lucky Rice Krispie Treats: Is anyone else a sucker for all things Rice Krispie? Adding three types of marshmallows to these treats make them extra gooey and delicious!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie: Shake up your morning smoothie routine on 3/17 with this, dare we say healthy, creamy treat. Spinach and avocado give this treat its green coloring, but we won’t tell if you don’t.
- Lucky Charms Muddy Buddies: Another fan favorite, this is a classic with a St. Patty’s Day twist. Making this treat, also known as puppy chow, is so easy even your toddler can help.
- St. Patrick’s Day Fudge: Hear us out. It’s delicious fudge, but green. Three ingredients, one pot, happy tasters.
- Creamy Pistachio Fruit Dip: If you’d like to incorporate some fruit servings on the 17th, try making this yummy fruit dip on the side. Tastes delectable with strawberries.
- St. Patrick’s Dessert Pizza: If you’re a true Chicagoan than you love a good deep dish pizza. This recipe combines what we love about deep dish with what we love about creamy Bailey’s. This one might be better for the grown ups in the house, but you could always use the flavored coffee creamer for a non-alc option.
- Copy Cat Thin Mints: Girl Scout cookie season is coming to an end, and if you didn’t get enough Thin Mints this year, don’t worry. Here’s a copy cat recipe sure to please the family.
- Pot of Gold Cake: This one does take a bit more time, but the end result is gorgeous. Cut the cake and watch all of the “gold” fall out. Your kids will be amazed. Best mom award.
- Leprechaun Bark: Just purchase all the colorful ingredients and this one is super easy to put together. If you live with chocolate fans, this is a winner.
- Pot of Gold Oreos: Move over Starbucks, we’ve got our cake pop version to make, and this one doesn’t come on a stick. If you’re looking for a combination craft/dessert, try your hand at this recipe.