The Power of Moms
My name is Patti Minglin, and for the past four years, I have been managing some of the content for The Branch – including this very email. One of my favorite parts of putting this email together is highlighting the conversations that are happening inside The Branch Facebook Community.
A quick scroll through the Facebook Community feed gives you a snapshot of what it’s like to be a parent today: moments of unparalleled joy and excitement mixed with moments of frustration and heartbreak. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions–sometimes all within the same day–which makes this beautiful little community of moms so incredibly important.
Here’s what I see when I read through those posts and comments each week:
- Emotional Support: Moms are a source of comfort and understanding when a fellow mom is feeling overwhelmed or stressed.
- Information Sharing: Whether it’s tips on feeding, recommendations for childcare providers, or strategies for managing behavioral challenges, moms offer practical solutions and support to one another.
- Practical Assistance: Moms help each other out in practical ways, such as dropping off supplies or sharing resources.
- Advocacy and Empowerment: Moms advocate for each other and work together to effect change in our community.
- Social Support: Moms provide social support to one another by organizing playdates, outings, or other social events.
Witnessing these acts of kindness and support among moms is inspiring and uplifting. It gives us hope that there are good people in this world and reminds us all that we are never alone in the parenthood journey.